Friday, December 26, 2014

Monster °>1

 From between the trees, it slowly approached. Whether it is certain to say that I was terrified, is moot.
A long, slender torso was evident, naked and pale as bleached bones under moonlight. It's limbs just as long and twisting all around, with unnatural dexterity. In my shock, I was beginning to comprehend what sort of monster I was about to confront.
The face. That thing. A head as flat as a pan, just as white as the rest of it - with a gaping symmetrical hole - filled with glistening, sharp black teeth that breathed and expanded in size and speed. It made no other sound, than that of a panting beast, devoid of what nourishes its existence.
I overcame my terror for a short moment, when the shadows finally departed. I searched for its eyes – yet I could find none - where they and a nose should have been.
Steadily, it glided forward towards me, long spider-like digits reaching out. I thought of Amelia at home. I thought of the life I should have, lest I stay in this midnight horror. Yet I was no coward; I would prove my skill by defeating this creature. I would take my prize of awe from that circle of men. I will be honored!
Yet I couldn't move an inch. My breath hitched, as my heart began to pound within my chest. The icy night air seemed to quicken the creature's prowl through the thick. Closer. Breathe. Expand. Closer. Closer. He was so near, that I could now hear the crunch of grass underneath his lower appendages.
Gathering all remaining courage, I forced the knife from my hilt, pointing it toward the being.“Stop where you are!” I wavered, upon hearing it produce a long, agonizing screech. Quicker than I thought possible, it began to grab the dirt below, propelling its self forward.

Dread filled my mind. The knife dropped to the ground in a quick thud, as I turned on my heel to the valley in which I came. I ran.  

Material by S.K. Eller. This may not be reproduced in any way, without the permission of its author. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner